Maharashtra CM to inaugurate women`s folk art convention
Mumbai: Aiming to propagate the message of women`s empowerment, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan will inaugurate the second two-day All India Women`s Folk Art Convention here on October 22.
Addressing a press conference, women and child welfare minister Varsha Gaikwad said that women folk artistes from Kerala, Rajasthan, Tripura and Chhatisgarh will participate in the two-day convention.
Well known artist Maya Jadhav is among the prominent personalities expected to attend the event, the minister said.
Different dance forms will be presented by the artistes during the two-day event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed