Maharashtra CM to meet Modi over border row with Karnataka
Palghar: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan has said that he would meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi with a delegation from the state to discuss the border row with Karnataka.
Talking to reporters here yesterday, Chavan said the dispute was currently a subject of litigation in the Supreme Court, and, also, he had taken it up with his Karnataka counterpart.
The dispute is about Belgaum and certain other areas of Karnataka along the border with Maharashtra, which have a sizeable Marathi-speaking population, and which Maharashtra has been claiming since the formation of the two states.
The issue flared up recently when Karnataka police allegedly lathicharged pro-Maharashtra agitators at Yellur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das