Maharashtra CM to meet Modi over border row with Karnataka
Palghar: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan has said that he would meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi with a delegation from the state to discuss the border row with Karnataka.
Talking to reporters here yesterday, Chavan said the dispute was currently a subject of litigation in the Supreme Court, and, also, he had taken it up with his Karnataka counterpart.
The dispute is about Belgaum and certain other areas of Karnataka along the border with Maharashtra, which have a sizeable Marathi-speaking population, and which Maharashtra has been claiming since the formation of the two states.
The issue flared up recently when Karnataka police allegedly lathicharged pro-Maharashtra agitators at Yellur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir