Maharashtra coastal body clears Bal Thackeray memorial
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Coastal Zone Management Authority (MCZMA) has cleared the decks to set up a memorial for late Shiv Sena patriarch Balasaheb Thackeray, Mumbai Mayor Sunil Prabhu said here on Tuesday.
"The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) had written a letter to the MCZMA seeking its permission in this regard and finally it has received the approval from them," Prabhu told a news agency, adding construction of the memorial is expected to begin soon.
After the Sena patriarch`s death last year, Shiv Sainiks continue to visit and pay tributes at Shivaji Park where he was cremated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29