Maharashtra Congress demands Ramdev`s arrest
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee on Saturday demanded arrest of the yoga guru Baba Ramdev for his alleged remarks against the Dalit community and Rahul Gandhi.
In a statement here, MPCC spokesperson Sachin Sawant said the remarks were extremely offensive and Ramdev should be arrested immediately.
"The statements by Baba Ramdev not only insulted Rahul Gandhi, but the Dalits as well. This reflects his mentality towards women and Dalits," Sawant said.
Ramdev`s statement that Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi visited houses of Dalits for "honeymoon" and "picnic" have sparked off a controversy. He later said he was ready to withdraw the statement if it had hurt the Dalit sentiments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neeraj Chopra sets new U20 Javelin WORLD RECORD in Poland – WATCH VIDEO
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Maharashtra govt to transfer 933 cr lottery revenue loss case to CBI
- Donald Trump accuses Hillary Clinton for email scandal of Democratic party
- Thinking like a batsman the mantra for successful field placing: Virat Kohli