Maharashtra Congress endorses PM`s views on Narendra Modi
Mumbai: The Congress` Maharashtra unit Friday endorsed Manmohan Singh`s statement that BJP`s Narendra Modi would be disastrous as prime minister.
"It is difficult for the Bharatiya Janata Party to come to power at the centre and with Modi as the prime ministerial candidate, it is virtually impossible," Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee president Manikrao Thakre said in a statement.
Thakre said Modi`s claims on various issues have already been proved to be a hoax and that the Gujarat chief minister has been making false statements by twisting historical facts.
Under Modi`s tenure as Gujarat chief minister, the state has been plagued by various ills like malnutrition, economic crises, imbalanced development and violation of human rights, he said.
"But Modi keeps travelling to different states propagating falsehood and insulting their dignity and self-respect, including in Maharashtra," Thakre said.
He said Modi never cared to visit any relief camp for the victims of the Gujarat riots.
Modi was exposed when he went to sympathise with the victims of the recent Bihar bomb blasts, he said.
"Such an individual, even if he becomes the prime minister by mistake would prove to be disastrous for the country," Thakre said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony