Maharashtra Congress seeks probe, action on Gadkari`s remarks
Mumbai: Congress in Maharashtra on Thursday demanded "administrative inquiry and action" into former BJP president Nitin Gadkari`s threat to Income Tax Department officials.
"Gadkari must be feeling frustrated. That is why he made such a statement," MPCC spokesperson Sachin Sawant said, referring to Gadkari`s statement that IT sleuths would face the music when his party comes to power, and even Congress president Sonia Gandhi would not be able to save them.
"The mentality of Gadkari and of his party is amply evident from his remarks," Sawant said.
"Gadkari must have said this because the IT department started probe into bogus investment by bogus companies of his Purti group," Sawant said.
The "dual policy" of agreeing to any probe on one hand, and threatening probe officials on the other had come to the fore with this, Sawant said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter