Maharashtra Congress seeks probe, action on Gadkari`s remarks
Mumbai: Congress in Maharashtra on Thursday demanded "administrative inquiry and action" into former BJP president Nitin Gadkari`s threat to Income Tax Department officials.
"Gadkari must be feeling frustrated. That is why he made such a statement," MPCC spokesperson Sachin Sawant said, referring to Gadkari`s statement that IT sleuths would face the music when his party comes to power, and even Congress president Sonia Gandhi would not be able to save them.
"The mentality of Gadkari and of his party is amply evident from his remarks," Sawant said.
"Gadkari must have said this because the IT department started probe into bogus investment by bogus companies of his Purti group," Sawant said.
The "dual policy" of agreeing to any probe on one hand, and threatening probe officials on the other had come to the fore with this, Sawant said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range