Maharashtra Congress unit condemns Rahul Gandhi`s arrest
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
Committee on Wednesday night condemned the arrest of Congress leader
Rahul Gandhi in Uttar Pradesh, saying the Mayawati government
had done an "unpardonable" act.
"Maharashtra Congress unit strongly condemns Rahulji`s
arrest. Mayawati government has done something which is
unpardonable and deserves condemnation," MPCC president
Manikrao Thakre told agency here.
The Congress General Secretary had gone to Uttar
Pradesh to support the cause of farmers, he said.
"We have convened a meeting of MPCC functionaries
tomorrow to discuss the issue, after which further course of
action would be announced," Thakre said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy