Maharashtra Congress unit seeks performance report of mininsters
Mumbai: With an eye on the 2014 Assembly elections, Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee has directed all its ministers to submit their performance report.
MPCC president Manikrao Thakre wrote to the ministers a fortnight ago to provide information to the party about the measures taken by their respective departments to fulfill the pre-poll promises.
"They have also been asked the submit a road map as to when the pending issues would be implemented," party sources said, adding that most of the ministers have responded to the letter.
Congress has 15 Cabinet ministers, including the Chief Minister and 5 Ministers of State, in the 40-member Council of Ministers.
According to the sources, the issue of performance of ministers was also discussed in the co-ordination committee meeting held last week.
The meeting decided to form a committee of four senior ministers -- two each from the Congress and NCP -- to review the performance of the ministers. Congress and NCP had released their joint manifesto for the 2009 Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'