Maharashtra Congress unit seeks performance report of mininsters
Mumbai: With an eye on the 2014 Assembly elections, Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee has directed all its ministers to submit their performance report.
MPCC president Manikrao Thakre wrote to the ministers a fortnight ago to provide information to the party about the measures taken by their respective departments to fulfill the pre-poll promises.
"They have also been asked the submit a road map as to when the pending issues would be implemented," party sources said, adding that most of the ministers have responded to the letter.
Congress has 15 Cabinet ministers, including the Chief Minister and 5 Ministers of State, in the 40-member Council of Ministers.
According to the sources, the issue of performance of ministers was also discussed in the co-ordination committee meeting held last week.
The meeting decided to form a committee of four senior ministers -- two each from the Congress and NCP -- to review the performance of the ministers. Congress and NCP had released their joint manifesto for the 2009 Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?