Maharashtra Congress unit seeks performance report of mininsters
Mumbai: With an eye on the 2014 Assembly elections, Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee has directed all its ministers to submit their performance report.
MPCC president Manikrao Thakre wrote to the ministers a fortnight ago to provide information to the party about the measures taken by their respective departments to fulfill the pre-poll promises.
"They have also been asked the submit a road map as to when the pending issues would be implemented," party sources said, adding that most of the ministers have responded to the letter.
Congress has 15 Cabinet ministers, including the Chief Minister and 5 Ministers of State, in the 40-member Council of Ministers.
According to the sources, the issue of performance of ministers was also discussed in the co-ordination committee meeting held last week.
The meeting decided to form a committee of four senior ministers -- two each from the Congress and NCP -- to review the performance of the ministers. Congress and NCP had released their joint manifesto for the 2009 Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble