Maharashtra Congress unit seeks performance report of mininsters
Mumbai: With an eye on the 2014 Assembly elections, Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee has directed all its ministers to submit their performance report.
MPCC president Manikrao Thakre wrote to the ministers a fortnight ago to provide information to the party about the measures taken by their respective departments to fulfill the pre-poll promises.
"They have also been asked the submit a road map as to when the pending issues would be implemented," party sources said, adding that most of the ministers have responded to the letter.
Congress has 15 Cabinet ministers, including the Chief Minister and 5 Ministers of State, in the 40-member Council of Ministers.
According to the sources, the issue of performance of ministers was also discussed in the co-ordination committee meeting held last week.
The meeting decided to form a committee of four senior ministers -- two each from the Congress and NCP -- to review the performance of the ministers. Congress and NCP had released their joint manifesto for the 2009 Assembly elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India