Maharashtra Congress unit seeks performance report of mininsters
Mumbai: With an eye on the 2014 Assembly elections, Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee has directed all its ministers to submit their performance report.
MPCC president Manikrao Thakre wrote to the ministers a fortnight ago to provide information to the party about the measures taken by their respective departments to fulfill the pre-poll promises.
"They have also been asked the submit a road map as to when the pending issues would be implemented," party sources said, adding that most of the ministers have responded to the letter.
Congress has 15 Cabinet ministers, including the Chief Minister and 5 Ministers of State, in the 40-member Council of Ministers.
According to the sources, the issue of performance of ministers was also discussed in the co-ordination committee meeting held last week.
The meeting decided to form a committee of four senior ministers -- two each from the Congress and NCP -- to review the performance of the ministers. Congress and NCP had released their joint manifesto for the 2009 Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees