Maharashtra deputy CM, Patil in NCP`s first list
Mumbai: Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Chhagan Bhujbal, state unit chief R R Patil and senior ministers Ajit Pawar and Vijaysinh Mohite-Patil figure in the first list of 80 candidates announced by NCP for October 13 Maharashtra Assembly elections.
The Sharad Pawar-led party, which is a part of ruling
alliance with Congress in the state for the last 10 years, is
contesting 114 of the total 288 Assembly seats in Maharashtra
while Congress is contesting remaining 174. The seat-sharing
arrangement was formally announced in Delhi late last night.
Bhujbal would be contesting from Yevla in Nashik
district from where he won the 2004 Assembly elections.
R R Patil is contesting from Tasgaon-Kavthe Mahankal
in Sangli district. Ajit Pawar is seeking e-election from
Baramati while Vijaysinh Mohite-Patil has been fielded by the
party from Pandharpur in Solapur district.
NCP has also given ticket to minister of state Rana
Jagjitsinh Patil, son of senior NCP leader Padmasinh Patil,
who is in jail in connection with Pawanraje Nimbalkar murder
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites