Maharashtra DGP visits Shirdi
Shirdi: Director General of Police, Maharashtra, Ajit Parasnis on Saturday visited here, and reviewed the security set-up in and around the famous Saibaba temple.
Parasnis held a meeting with Superintendent of Police, Ahmednagar, and other police officers, police sources said.
He also met chairman of Saibaba Temple Trust, Jayant Sasane, and other trustees, and inspected the security arrangements in the temple premises, including the CCTV network.
The top cop gave instructions to the local police regarding curbing mobile phone thefts and pick-pocketing in the town, which is visited by lakhs of devotees all year round.
Sources said that he also discussed the issue of illegal constructions in the area.
Last month, Union Home Minister, P Chidambaram had visited Shirdi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...