Maharashtra DGP visits Shirdi
Shirdi: Director General of Police, Maharashtra, Ajit Parasnis on Saturday visited here, and reviewed the security set-up in and around the famous Saibaba temple.
Parasnis held a meeting with Superintendent of Police, Ahmednagar, and other police officers, police sources said.
He also met chairman of Saibaba Temple Trust, Jayant Sasane, and other trustees, and inspected the security arrangements in the temple premises, including the CCTV network.
The top cop gave instructions to the local police regarding curbing mobile phone thefts and pick-pocketing in the town, which is visited by lakhs of devotees all year round.
Sources said that he also discussed the issue of illegal constructions in the area.
Last month, Union Home Minister, P Chidambaram had visited Shirdi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?