Maharashtra DGP visits Shirdi
Shirdi: Director General of Police, Maharashtra, Ajit Parasnis on Saturday visited here, and reviewed the security set-up in and around the famous Saibaba temple.
Parasnis held a meeting with Superintendent of Police, Ahmednagar, and other police officers, police sources said.
He also met chairman of Saibaba Temple Trust, Jayant Sasane, and other trustees, and inspected the security arrangements in the temple premises, including the CCTV network.
The top cop gave instructions to the local police regarding curbing mobile phone thefts and pick-pocketing in the town, which is visited by lakhs of devotees all year round.
Sources said that he also discussed the issue of illegal constructions in the area.
Last month, Union Home Minister, P Chidambaram had visited Shirdi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Burberry bosses sue Rapper Burberry
- Goa suspends bus services to Karnataka over river dispute
- West Indies vs India: Uncapped Alzarri Joseph to join Jason Holder & Co for 2nd Test
- Assad offers amnesty to Syria rebels who surrender
- Watch: Tiger Shroff - Jacqueline Fernandez’s fairytale romance in visually captivating song ‘Toota Jo Kabhi Tara’ from ‘A Flying Jatt’