Maharashtra DGP visits Shirdi
Shirdi: Director General of Police, Maharashtra, Ajit Parasnis on Saturday visited here, and reviewed the security set-up in and around the famous Saibaba temple.
Parasnis held a meeting with Superintendent of Police, Ahmednagar, and other police officers, police sources said.
He also met chairman of Saibaba Temple Trust, Jayant Sasane, and other trustees, and inspected the security arrangements in the temple premises, including the CCTV network.
The top cop gave instructions to the local police regarding curbing mobile phone thefts and pick-pocketing in the town, which is visited by lakhs of devotees all year round.
Sources said that he also discussed the issue of illegal constructions in the area.
Last month, Union Home Minister, P Chidambaram had visited Shirdi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state