Maharashtra DGP visits Shirdi
Shirdi: Director General of Police, Maharashtra, Ajit Parasnis on Saturday visited here, and reviewed the security set-up in and around the famous Saibaba temple.
Parasnis held a meeting with Superintendent of Police, Ahmednagar, and other police officers, police sources said.
He also met chairman of Saibaba Temple Trust, Jayant Sasane, and other trustees, and inspected the security arrangements in the temple premises, including the CCTV network.
The top cop gave instructions to the local police regarding curbing mobile phone thefts and pick-pocketing in the town, which is visited by lakhs of devotees all year round.
Sources said that he also discussed the issue of illegal constructions in the area.
Last month, Union Home Minister, P Chidambaram had visited Shirdi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Beyonce dominates MTV Video Music Awards 2016
- Five reasons why you should take a brisk walk every single day!
- Sushma Swaraj calls on Myanmar President
- HEINOUS! Woman set on fire in Delhi for allegedly rejecting marriage proposal
- Expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa says she will not resign from Rajya Sabha