Maharashtra education minister writes to 7,600 meritorious students
Mumbai: Letters of appreciation were sent to over 7,600 students in Maharashtra, who came out with flying colours in their Class X and XII board exams, by the state Education Minister Rajendra Darda.
"Your hard work and perseverance has paid off. It is indeed a moment of pride for you, your parents, teachers and school. Students like you are gems of Maharashtra," the minister wrote in the letter to meritorious students.
The letter was sent to students who got good marks in the board exams conducted by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education as well as meritorious students of CBSE from the state.
"I have sent letters to over 7,600 students, including 5180 students who secured over 95 per cent marks in SSC exam and 2,443 students who got over 90 per cent marks in the HSC (12th class) exam," Darda told PTI.
"I am getting very good response from students and their parents, who have called me up, written to me and also posted their views on social media.
"The parent of a student, who has secured admission to AIIMS, said it was a pleasant surprise for him and a morale booster for his daughter to receive the letter of appreciation," the minister said.
An elated Abhishek, a student from adjoining Thane who is among those to have received the letter, said: "I am very happy that the minister has found time to write to students like me."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report