Maharashtra: Five killed as portion of temple cave
Nagpur: Five persons were killed when a portion of a temple in Amravati district in east Maharashtra collapsed following heavy downpour Sunday night, police said.
The mishap took place at Kaundinyapur, about 30 km from Amravati, when the portion of ancient Sri Krishna temple gave in due to heavy rains accompanied by a thunderstorm, a senior police officer said, adding the debris at the spot is being cleared to find out more victims, if any.
The identity of the deceased is being established, he said.
Top officials from Amravati district administration and police department have rushed to the spot, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred