Maharashtra: Gang-rape victim molested by NCP leader
Thane: A 14-year-old girl, who was gang-raped allegedly by two youth earlier this month in the neighbouring Raigad district, was also molested by a local NCP leader on the very same day of the incident, police said on Saturday.
The minor, who was gang raped on July 6 by two men who were arrested the next day, during further investigations told police that on the very same day of the incident after she was raped by youths, a local NCP leader had also allegedly molested her.
"The youths dropped her at the highway near Nagothane village. On seeing her stranded, NCP Nagothane city unit chief Santosh Mandavkar offered her a lift and said he will drop her home in suburban Borivali. But, instead took her to a garage on the highway and allegedly molested her in a car," DSP, Roha, Amol Zende said.
A case was registered against Mandavkar yesterday under IPC Sections under 354 (A)(B) (sexual harassment), Section 506 (criminal intimidation) and other relevant sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012, he said.
Mandavkar is at large and police has launched a manhunt to nab him, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'