Maharashtra: Girl stabbed to death
Mumbai: A 23-year old girl was stabbed to
death by an unidentified man in suburban Mumbai on Friday morning.
According to police, the victim Seema Parab, a resident
of Malad, who worked with a beauty parlour in suburban
Borivili was stabbed with a knife soon after she had left for
work at around 9 am.
She was assaulted twice in her stomach, once in her
shoulder and once at her neck, police said adding the person
fled the spot and even the locals did not make any effort to
One of the passerby, Javed, took Seema to the
government-run Bagwati hospital. However, the doctor declared her dead at around 11:30 am.
The girl is survived by her parents and three sisters.
Seema`s father Ankush (58) works as a watchman.
The police further said that they questioned employees of
the parlour and were told that the girl was of reserved and
Police suspect it to be a case of one-sided love affair.
They were questioning the people present at the spot of
the crime to get more clues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption