Maharashtra: Girl stabbed to death
Mumbai: A 23-year old girl was stabbed to
death by an unidentified man in suburban Mumbai on Friday morning.
According to police, the victim Seema Parab, a resident
of Malad, who worked with a beauty parlour in suburban
Borivili was stabbed with a knife soon after she had left for
work at around 9 am.
She was assaulted twice in her stomach, once in her
shoulder and once at her neck, police said adding the person
fled the spot and even the locals did not make any effort to
One of the passerby, Javed, took Seema to the
government-run Bagwati hospital. However, the doctor declared her dead at around 11:30 am.
The girl is survived by her parents and three sisters.
Seema`s father Ankush (58) works as a watchman.
The police further said that they questioned employees of
the parlour and were told that the girl was of reserved and
Police suspect it to be a case of one-sided love affair.
They were questioning the people present at the spot of
the crime to get more clues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city