Maharashtra, Goa lawyers on strike
Mumbai: About 1.40 lakh lawyers in Maharashtra and Goa Wednesday joined the two-day all-India strike to protest the entry of foreign law institutes and universities and a proposed legislation that could affect the autonomy of the Bar Council of India (BCI), an official said.
Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa vice president Ashish P. Deshmukh said the response to the strike was overwhelming.
"The response is 100 percent and will remain so even tomorrow as the legal fraternity is extremely concerned about these issues," Deskhmukh told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh