Maharashtra Government to spend Rs 10 crores for nomadic tribe dwell
The Maharashtra Government has decided to spend Rs 10 crores on constructing nearly 2000 dwellings exclusively meant for the Vimukta Jati Nomadic Tribes (VJNT) in the state during 2011-12.
As part of Government policy to enhance the living conditions of nomadic tribes, to augment their resources and give them some decent place to dwell, the state government has taken such a decision which will help the sizeable nomadic tribes in rural Maharashtra, Maharashtra Minister for Social Justice, Shivajirao Moghe said.
Even after 64 years of Independence, the nomadic tribes could not join the main stream of the society and it was felt necessary to bring them into the main social fold and provide financial stability, make their financially self dependent, augment their resources and make their living conditions and style better, the Maharashtra government in its resolution said.
Accordingly 20 families from three villages in each district where nomadic tribes are inhabited will be benefitted by the scheme and during 2011-12, one village each in 33 districts in the state is being selected, Moghe told News agencies.
He said from next fiscal year, three villages from each district will be selected. The government would acquire land in each village and each family will get about 5,000 sq ft of area including about 270 sq ft for house and remaining for poultry farm, dairy or any other small business to increase their income.
Each colony of nomadic tribes being developed will cost Rs 88.63 lakhs and will include basic civic amenities like water supply electricity supply, sewage and internal roads regarding finances, Moghe said the existing housing co-operative societies of VJNT would be contributing 20 percent, 30 percent from the state government and remaining major chunk of 50 percent from financial institutions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read