Maharashtra Governor greets people on occasion of New Year
Mumbai: Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan has extended New Year greetings to the people of the state and the country.
"As the new year 2013 dawns, I extend my hearty greetings and good wishes to the people of Maharashtra and to the people of our country," the governor said in a message.
"Maharashtra is one of the most progressive and developed states in the country. We have an excellent opportunity to further build on our present strength by working for inclusive growth and sustainable development," he said.
Sankaranarayanan expressed hope that the New Year will bring peace, progress and prosperity to all. "May our beautiful state achieve continued progress and development in the New Year," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune