Maharashtra Governor greets people on occasion of New Year
Mumbai: Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan has extended New Year greetings to the people of the state and the country.
"As the new year 2013 dawns, I extend my hearty greetings and good wishes to the people of Maharashtra and to the people of our country," the governor said in a message.
"Maharashtra is one of the most progressive and developed states in the country. We have an excellent opportunity to further build on our present strength by working for inclusive growth and sustainable development," he said.
Sankaranarayanan expressed hope that the New Year will bring peace, progress and prosperity to all. "May our beautiful state achieve continued progress and development in the New Year," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report