Maharashtra Governor greets people on occasion of New Year
Mumbai: Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan has extended New Year greetings to the people of the state and the country.
"As the new year 2013 dawns, I extend my hearty greetings and good wishes to the people of Maharashtra and to the people of our country," the governor said in a message.
"Maharashtra is one of the most progressive and developed states in the country. We have an excellent opportunity to further build on our present strength by working for inclusive growth and sustainable development," he said.
Sankaranarayanan expressed hope that the New Year will bring peace, progress and prosperity to all. "May our beautiful state achieve continued progress and development in the New Year," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets