Maharashtra Governor greets people on occasion of New Year
Mumbai: Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan has extended New Year greetings to the people of the state and the country.
"As the new year 2013 dawns, I extend my hearty greetings and good wishes to the people of Maharashtra and to the people of our country," the governor said in a message.
"Maharashtra is one of the most progressive and developed states in the country. We have an excellent opportunity to further build on our present strength by working for inclusive growth and sustainable development," he said.
Sankaranarayanan expressed hope that the New Year will bring peace, progress and prosperity to all. "May our beautiful state achieve continued progress and development in the New Year," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!