Maharashtra govt assures support to investors in Vidarbha
Nagpur: The Maharashtra government today said it will adopt a positive attitude towards investors putting money in Vidarbha and remove hurdles in the path of setting up industries and other ventures in the region.
Industry Minister Narayan Rane said the state government and his department will extend all possible help to investors eyeing Vidarbha and work out a `single widow` system to provide necessary clearances.
He was speaking at valedictory function of `Advantage Vidarbha` investor conference which ended here. It was jointly organised by FICCI and Vidarbha Industries Association.
"The Industry Department will live up to expectations of investors. We are overwhelmed by the tremendous response to the conference from industry captains, government department and others," he said.
Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) worth more than Rs 18,500 crore and envisaging setting up of over 25 industrial units in Vidarbha were signed during the two-day meet.
Rane reiterated that Maharashtra was still the most favoured destination for investors in the country.
Expressing satisfaction over the event and the response it elicited, Rane said the proposed investments will help develop the region, where jobs for nearly 58,000 people are likely to be created.
District Guardian Minister Shivajirao Moghe, brain behind the conclave, said the meet has set the ball rolling for rapid industrial development of the backward region.
There was an urgent need for setting up a committee which will coordinate with the Centre for getting forest and environment clearances for projects, Moghe said.
A high-ranking State Government official should be permanently deputed in Nagpur, Vidarbha`s main city, to liaise between Government departments and agencies concerned, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video