Maharashtra govt bid to expedite file clearance process
Mumbai: Against the backdrop of criticism over delays in clearing files, the Maharashtra government has decided to implement a "three-stage file clearance" system to speed up the process.
However, in case of matters involving Cabinet meeting notes and policy issues, there would be more than three stages, according to a government resolution (GR) issued here.
The GR stipulates that "Mantralaya" (State secretariat) department and other government offices review the process for putting up files for decisions and submit necessary changes to ensure speedy clearance to the office/department heads.
The GR says under secretaries and desk officers should be part of the process wherever needed. For example in departments where the under secretary is the office head, the file would move from that officer to deputy secretary and then to the secretary.
Otherwise, the file movement will be from desk officer to deputy secretary and to secretary, it said.
According to the GR, under secretary or desk officer will be starting the file notings henceforth. Also, heads of departments will have to publish/notify the orders regarding delegation of power or distribution of work order to lower grade officers in their department.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know