Maharashtra govt launches Labour Management System
Mumbai: Maharashtra government`s Labour
department has designed an innovative Labour Management System
(LMS) on a public-private partnership (PPP) mode.
"The pilot project of the system, called `Mahashramm`,
has successfully been completed and we are rolling it out in
other parts of the state," Principal Secretary (Labour) Kavita
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and Labour Minister
Hasan Mushrif lauded the project at a function here on Tuesday,
"The system is a win-win situation for industries and
labour, as it interlinks industries, shops and establishments,
construction contractors and other businesses, by providing
financial inclusion and labour registration," Gupta said.
From the online services to be provided to the
establishments and businesses, user charges would be collected
which will go into the Mahashramm society fund and the same
will be paid to the total service provider (TSP) to register
the labour force and give financial inclusion to them at no
cost to the labourers.
"No frills bank account will be opened for every
worker, free of cost, as per the KYC norms endorsed by the
RBI," she said.
The state government has stipulated to make all the
payments (payments of wages, bonus gratuity etc) in organised
and unorganised sector (except the domestic and agricultural
workers) to workers, who are in continuous employment, having
payments of over Rs 3,000 per month, only through cheque or
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- IPL 2015: Not easy for fast bowler to win many MOM in one season, says Ashish Nehra