Maharashtra govt launches Labour Management System
Mumbai: Maharashtra government`s Labour
department has designed an innovative Labour Management System
(LMS) on a public-private partnership (PPP) mode.
"The pilot project of the system, called `Mahashramm`,
has successfully been completed and we are rolling it out in
other parts of the state," Principal Secretary (Labour) Kavita
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and Labour Minister
Hasan Mushrif lauded the project at a function here on Tuesday,
"The system is a win-win situation for industries and
labour, as it interlinks industries, shops and establishments,
construction contractors and other businesses, by providing
financial inclusion and labour registration," Gupta said.
From the online services to be provided to the
establishments and businesses, user charges would be collected
which will go into the Mahashramm society fund and the same
will be paid to the total service provider (TSP) to register
the labour force and give financial inclusion to them at no
cost to the labourers.
"No frills bank account will be opened for every
worker, free of cost, as per the KYC norms endorsed by the
RBI," she said.
The state government has stipulated to make all the
payments (payments of wages, bonus gratuity etc) in organised
and unorganised sector (except the domestic and agricultural
workers) to workers, who are in continuous employment, having
payments of over Rs 3,000 per month, only through cheque or
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...