Maharashtra govt launches Labour Management System
Mumbai: Maharashtra government`s Labour
department has designed an innovative Labour Management System
(LMS) on a public-private partnership (PPP) mode.
"The pilot project of the system, called `Mahashramm`,
has successfully been completed and we are rolling it out in
other parts of the state," Principal Secretary (Labour) Kavita
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and Labour Minister
Hasan Mushrif lauded the project at a function here on Tuesday,
"The system is a win-win situation for industries and
labour, as it interlinks industries, shops and establishments,
construction contractors and other businesses, by providing
financial inclusion and labour registration," Gupta said.
From the online services to be provided to the
establishments and businesses, user charges would be collected
which will go into the Mahashramm society fund and the same
will be paid to the total service provider (TSP) to register
the labour force and give financial inclusion to them at no
cost to the labourers.
"No frills bank account will be opened for every
worker, free of cost, as per the KYC norms endorsed by the
RBI," she said.
The state government has stipulated to make all the
payments (payments of wages, bonus gratuity etc) in organised
and unorganised sector (except the domestic and agricultural
workers) to workers, who are in continuous employment, having
payments of over Rs 3,000 per month, only through cheque or
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks