Maharashtra govt likely to introduce `best of five` option for SSC
Mumbai: In a bid to de-stress students and
to bring parity with other educational boards, Maharashtra
Government is planning to introduce a system `best of five`
for junior college admissions.
The Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher
Secondary Education is planning to offer the `best of five`
option to the SSC students which would allow them to choose
five best subjects among the six which they can study and
appear for the examination.
"We are thinking about the `best of five` system and
discussing the issue with experts. Other boards are already
having the system," Minister of State for Education Fauzia
The students will have a choice to drop any subject among
four, namely Mathematics, Social Sciences, Science and Hindi,
which they fear of scoring less. While, the languages -
Marathi and English will be compulsory, an official from
Education department said.
The decision has been cleared by the state board recently
and waiting for final approval from the Government, the
"We have not taken any decision in the regard, the issue
is still under consideration," Khan said.
Asked the minister if the decision has come after sudden
suicide cases among students in the state, she said no.
"The Government has been working on the issue for last
four months and its not taken after the sudden suicides of the
students," Khan said.
However, the Government is serious about the suicides and
has approached the Tata Institute of Social Sciences to study
the matter and prepare a report, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Six scientists end year-long Mars mission
- I have made many fashion blunders: Karisma Kapoor
- Hyundai to bring hybrids to India by next year
- Los Angeles Police say reports of gunfire at airport were false alarm, 'Zorro' detained
- Happy Birthday Dhyan Chand: 10 interesting facts you must know about India's hockey legend