‘Maharashtra Govt plans training policy for staff’
Mumbai: On the lines of the national
training policy, Maharashtra government is coming out with a
policy for training all rungs of its employees, Minister of
State for General Administration Fauzia Khan said here on Tuesday.
"We have prepared a draft, which will be put up before
the state cabinet for consideration," the minister told PTI.
There is a proposal to have the Pune-based Yashwantrao
Chavan Academy of Development Administration (Yashada), as the
apex training body and a virtual academy, she said.
The academy is the administrative training institute
of the state government and meets the training needs of
government departments and rural and urban non-officials and
At present, there are 108 training institutes, where
the staff is trained, she said.
"I have proposed two kinds of training, the induction
training - at the time of entry and in-service training at
suitable intervals in the employee`s career, maybe after a
gap of five years" she said.
The training would be broadly in two categories, the
first one being department-specific and the second one would
be common, aimed at sensitisation and motivation of the staff,
The policy would be on the lines of the national
training policy, the minister added.
"We are also proposing certification and if possible,
linking it to their performance, specially of class C
employees like clerical staff and teachers," Khan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack