‘Maharashtra Govt plans training policy for staff’
Mumbai: On the lines of the national
training policy, Maharashtra government is coming out with a
policy for training all rungs of its employees, Minister of
State for General Administration Fauzia Khan said here on Tuesday.
"We have prepared a draft, which will be put up before
the state cabinet for consideration," the minister told PTI.
There is a proposal to have the Pune-based Yashwantrao
Chavan Academy of Development Administration (Yashada), as the
apex training body and a virtual academy, she said.
The academy is the administrative training institute
of the state government and meets the training needs of
government departments and rural and urban non-officials and
At present, there are 108 training institutes, where
the staff is trained, she said.
"I have proposed two kinds of training, the induction
training - at the time of entry and in-service training at
suitable intervals in the employee`s career, maybe after a
gap of five years" she said.
The training would be broadly in two categories, the
first one being department-specific and the second one would
be common, aimed at sensitisation and motivation of the staff,
The policy would be on the lines of the national
training policy, the minister added.
"We are also proposing certification and if possible,
linking it to their performance, specially of class C
employees like clerical staff and teachers," Khan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price