Maharashtra govt recommends Gaikwad`s name for CIC
Mumbai: Maharashtra Government has proposed the name of Ratnakar Gaikwad for the post of Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) of the state.
The post is lying vacant after the tenure of Vilas Patil ended eight months ago.
The recommendation has been sent to the Governor.
Gaikwad, who retired as Chief Secretary on May 31, was among the seven probables whose names were discussed by the panel of Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Assembly Eknath Khadse.
Panel also discussed the names of former Additional Secretary (Home) U C Sarangi, former Mumbai civic chief Subodh Kumar, former bureaucrat Ramesh Kumar and current Regional Information Commissioner Bhaskar Patil among others, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list