Maharashtra govt recommends Gaikwad`s name for CIC
Mumbai: Maharashtra Government has proposed the name of Ratnakar Gaikwad for the post of Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) of the state.
The post is lying vacant after the tenure of Vilas Patil ended eight months ago.
The recommendation has been sent to the Governor.
Gaikwad, who retired as Chief Secretary on May 31, was among the seven probables whose names were discussed by the panel of Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Assembly Eknath Khadse.
Panel also discussed the names of former Additional Secretary (Home) U C Sarangi, former Mumbai civic chief Subodh Kumar, former bureaucrat Ramesh Kumar and current Regional Information Commissioner Bhaskar Patil among others, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!