Maharashtra govt recommends Gaikwad`s name for CIC
Mumbai: Maharashtra Government has proposed the name of Ratnakar Gaikwad for the post of Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) of the state.
The post is lying vacant after the tenure of Vilas Patil ended eight months ago.
The recommendation has been sent to the Governor.
Gaikwad, who retired as Chief Secretary on May 31, was among the seven probables whose names were discussed by the panel of Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Assembly Eknath Khadse.
Panel also discussed the names of former Additional Secretary (Home) U C Sarangi, former Mumbai civic chief Subodh Kumar, former bureaucrat Ramesh Kumar and current Regional Information Commissioner Bhaskar Patil among others, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir