Maharashtra govt to ban gutka, pan masala
Mumbai: Maharashtra government is contemplating a ban on gutka and pan masala products, Deputy Chief Minister and senior NCP leader Ajit Pawar said here on Sunday.
"It does not matter even if we face a loss of Rs 100 crore in tax from gutka and pan masala. Compromising with the lives of the youth is unacceptable. We will soon bring in a legislation in this regard," Pawar said.
The proposal would soon be put before the Cabinet, he said.
Pawar was speaking during the launch of Rashtravadi Yuvati Congress (RYC), on the occasion of the 13th anniversary of the Sharad Pawar-led Nationalist Congress Party.
Among other things, Pawar also said that NCP MLAs in the state would allocate Rs 20 lakh each from their MLA funds for constructing toilets for women.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Heatwave grips east, central and peninsular India; many dead in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh due to cyclone, hailstorm
- Anti-Donald Trump protests break out for second day in California
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video