Maharashtra govt to reduce security cover to VIPs
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Government has
decided to reduce police cover provided to VIPs including
politicians and filmstars by 40 per cent.
The Home department will soon revise norms for
providing security to individuals and the new guidelines would
see security cover for VIPs slashed by 40 per cent.
The decision was taken at a meeting of Home department
chaired by Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan yesterday.
Chavan stressed that security be retained only for
those individuals who face real threat to their lives,
There are over 800 police personnel deputed on VIP
security duty. Hence forth, security will be provided only
after objective assessment of threat perception, officials
At present, security cover is provided to 80-85 VIPs
in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill