Maharashtra govt to reward corruption `informers`
Thane: Maharashtra government has decided to
reward `informers` who provide information about corrupt
government employees, the Home Department has said in reply to
an RTI query.
The Department, in reply to an RTI query by senior BJP
leader Om Prakash Sharma has stated that the government has
decided to make use of informers to weed out corruption and to
locate the wealth amassed by the government employees.
The informers who give specific information about
employees who have amassed wealth beyond their known sources
of income will be rewarded.
Besides, the informers would be provided protection and
their names would be kept secret, the department has said.
The informers would be paid Rs 10,000 by way of reward
for information on corruption upto Rs 25 lakh while they would
be paid Rs 25,000 for unearthing corruption of between
Rs 25 lakh and Rs 50 lakh.
As per the slabs worked out by the department, Rs 50,000
would be paid for detecting corruption of between Rs 50 lakh
and Rs 1 crore, Rs 1 lakh for corruption of between
Rs 1 crore and Rs 5 crore and Rs 2 lakh for corruption above
Rs 5 crore.
The department reply also stated that those interested
in giving information could contract the Director General--
Anti Corruption Bureau.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city