Maharashtra govt to reward corruption `informers`
Thane: Maharashtra government has decided to
reward `informers` who provide information about corrupt
government employees, the Home Department has said in reply to
an RTI query.
The Department, in reply to an RTI query by senior BJP
leader Om Prakash Sharma has stated that the government has
decided to make use of informers to weed out corruption and to
locate the wealth amassed by the government employees.
The informers who give specific information about
employees who have amassed wealth beyond their known sources
of income will be rewarded.
Besides, the informers would be provided protection and
their names would be kept secret, the department has said.
The informers would be paid Rs 10,000 by way of reward
for information on corruption upto Rs 25 lakh while they would
be paid Rs 25,000 for unearthing corruption of between
Rs 25 lakh and Rs 50 lakh.
As per the slabs worked out by the department, Rs 50,000
would be paid for detecting corruption of between Rs 50 lakh
and Rs 1 crore, Rs 1 lakh for corruption of between
Rs 1 crore and Rs 5 crore and Rs 2 lakh for corruption above
Rs 5 crore.
The department reply also stated that those interested
in giving information could contract the Director General--
Anti Corruption Bureau.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- STOP THIS SHAME! Minor gangraped in Delhi's Jamia Nagar; suspect is juvenile
- Benefits of face scrubs for men
- In awe of the Master! WATCH how Sakshi Malik requested Sachin Tendulkar to take a selfie with her brother
- Coal imports in July dip 11% to 18 MT