Maharashtra govt to reward corruption `informers`
Thane: Maharashtra government has decided to
reward `informers` who provide information about corrupt
government employees, the Home Department has said in reply to
an RTI query.
The Department, in reply to an RTI query by senior BJP
leader Om Prakash Sharma has stated that the government has
decided to make use of informers to weed out corruption and to
locate the wealth amassed by the government employees.
The informers who give specific information about
employees who have amassed wealth beyond their known sources
of income will be rewarded.
Besides, the informers would be provided protection and
their names would be kept secret, the department has said.
The informers would be paid Rs 10,000 by way of reward
for information on corruption upto Rs 25 lakh while they would
be paid Rs 25,000 for unearthing corruption of between
Rs 25 lakh and Rs 50 lakh.
As per the slabs worked out by the department, Rs 50,000
would be paid for detecting corruption of between Rs 50 lakh
and Rs 1 crore, Rs 1 lakh for corruption of between
Rs 1 crore and Rs 5 crore and Rs 2 lakh for corruption above
Rs 5 crore.
The department reply also stated that those interested
in giving information could contract the Director General--
Anti Corruption Bureau.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands