Maharashtra govt to transfer Pune Police Commissioner
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government has decided to transfer the Pune Police Commissioner in wake of rising crime graph in the city, the Legislative Council was informed Tuesday.
"Considering growing crime rates in Pune, Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh would be transfered," Maharashtra Minister of State for Home Ramesh Bagwe told the upper house.
The announcement came after the Council members demanded transfer of Singh while discussing the issue of recent gangrape cases in Pune.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test