Maharashtra govt to transfer Pune Police Commissioner
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government has decided to transfer the Pune Police Commissioner in wake of rising crime graph in the city, the Legislative Council was informed Tuesday.
"Considering growing crime rates in Pune, Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh would be transfered," Maharashtra Minister of State for Home Ramesh Bagwe told the upper house.
The announcement came after the Council members demanded transfer of Singh while discussing the issue of recent gangrape cases in Pune.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui