Maharashtra Guv extends Buddha Poornima greetings
Mumbai: Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan on Monday greeted the people of the state on the occasion of `Buddha Poornima` saying that Buddha`s life was a quest for truth and enlightenment.
In a message, the Governor said for centuries, Buddha`s teachings of love, compassion and non-violence have impacted the life and thinking of people of India and other countries around the world.
"Our struggle for independence led by Mahatma Gandhi was inspired by Buddha`s message of truth and non-violence. The teachings of Buddha are eternally relevant and have the potential to resolve many of our social, national and international problems," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India may approach Britain on bringing back Kohinoor
- HILARIOUS! Harbhajan Singh posts EDITED picture of Indian cricketers – Pic inside!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read