Maharashtra Guv extends Buddha Poornima greetings
Mumbai: Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan on Monday greeted the people of the state on the occasion of `Buddha Poornima` saying that Buddha`s life was a quest for truth and enlightenment.
In a message, the Governor said for centuries, Buddha`s teachings of love, compassion and non-violence have impacted the life and thinking of people of India and other countries around the world.
"Our struggle for independence led by Mahatma Gandhi was inspired by Buddha`s message of truth and non-violence. The teachings of Buddha are eternally relevant and have the potential to resolve many of our social, national and international problems," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter