Maharashtra Guv extends Buddha Poornima greetings
Mumbai: Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan on Monday greeted the people of the state on the occasion of `Buddha Poornima` saying that Buddha`s life was a quest for truth and enlightenment.
In a message, the Governor said for centuries, Buddha`s teachings of love, compassion and non-violence have impacted the life and thinking of people of India and other countries around the world.
"Our struggle for independence led by Mahatma Gandhi was inspired by Buddha`s message of truth and non-violence. The teachings of Buddha are eternally relevant and have the potential to resolve many of our social, national and international problems," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!