Maharashtra Guv extends Buddha Poornima greetings
Mumbai: Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan on Monday greeted the people of the state on the occasion of `Buddha Poornima` saying that Buddha`s life was a quest for truth and enlightenment.
In a message, the Governor said for centuries, Buddha`s teachings of love, compassion and non-violence have impacted the life and thinking of people of India and other countries around the world.
"Our struggle for independence led by Mahatma Gandhi was inspired by Buddha`s message of truth and non-violence. The teachings of Buddha are eternally relevant and have the potential to resolve many of our social, national and international problems," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi