Maharashtra Guv extends Buddha Poornima greetings
Mumbai: Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan on Monday greeted the people of the state on the occasion of `Buddha Poornima` saying that Buddha`s life was a quest for truth and enlightenment.
In a message, the Governor said for centuries, Buddha`s teachings of love, compassion and non-violence have impacted the life and thinking of people of India and other countries around the world.
"Our struggle for independence led by Mahatma Gandhi was inspired by Buddha`s message of truth and non-violence. The teachings of Buddha are eternally relevant and have the potential to resolve many of our social, national and international problems," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement