Maharashtra Guv pays floral tributes to Chhatrapati Shivaji
Mumbai: Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan on Saturday offered floral tribute to the statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj at Shivaji Park here, on the occasion of his 381st birth anniversary, celebrated as `Shiv Jayanti`.
Public Works and Tourism Minister Chhagan Bhujbal, Mayor of Mumbai Shraddha Jadhav, Municipal Commissioner Subodh Kumar, former mayors - Manmohan Singh Bedi and Mahadeo Deole - were present on the occasion.
The Governor also felicitated sculptor of the Shivaji Maharaj Statue Sadashiv (Bhau) Sathe.
This is the 50th year of the installation of the 18-feet high equestrian statue of Shivaji Maharaj at Gateway of India. It was sculpted by the 85-year-old Sathe in 1961.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why