Maharashtra Guv pays floral tributes to Chhatrapati Shivaji
Mumbai: Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan on Saturday offered floral tribute to the statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj at Shivaji Park here, on the occasion of his 381st birth anniversary, celebrated as `Shiv Jayanti`.
Public Works and Tourism Minister Chhagan Bhujbal, Mayor of Mumbai Shraddha Jadhav, Municipal Commissioner Subodh Kumar, former mayors - Manmohan Singh Bedi and Mahadeo Deole - were present on the occasion.
The Governor also felicitated sculptor of the Shivaji Maharaj Statue Sadashiv (Bhau) Sathe.
This is the 50th year of the installation of the 18-feet high equestrian statue of Shivaji Maharaj at Gateway of India. It was sculpted by the 85-year-old Sathe in 1961.
- Harish Rawat virtually admits his presence in 'sting CD', but says meeting journalist is not crime
- Refrain from using adulterated eye makeup, warn doctors
- Eight coaches of Delhi-Faizabad Express derails in Hapur district
- No difference between LF, TMC regimes: Rajnath Singh
- BJP complains to EC of violence after 5th phase polls