Maharashtra Guv pays floral tributes to Chhatrapati Shivaji
Mumbai: Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan on Saturday offered floral tribute to the statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj at Shivaji Park here, on the occasion of his 381st birth anniversary, celebrated as `Shiv Jayanti`.
Public Works and Tourism Minister Chhagan Bhujbal, Mayor of Mumbai Shraddha Jadhav, Municipal Commissioner Subodh Kumar, former mayors - Manmohan Singh Bedi and Mahadeo Deole - were present on the occasion.
The Governor also felicitated sculptor of the Shivaji Maharaj Statue Sadashiv (Bhau) Sathe.
This is the 50th year of the installation of the 18-feet high equestrian statue of Shivaji Maharaj at Gateway of India. It was sculpted by the 85-year-old Sathe in 1961.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini
- Half the town is gone, says Amatrice mayor as 6.2-magnitude earthquake strikes central Italy; toll rises to 14
- Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan to go dancing in 'ABCD 3'?
- Gadkari to meet FM Jaitley today for vehicle scrapping policy