Maharashtra Guv pays floral tributes to Chhatrapati Shivaji
Mumbai: Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan on Saturday offered floral tribute to the statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj at Shivaji Park here, on the occasion of his 381st birth anniversary, celebrated as `Shiv Jayanti`.
Public Works and Tourism Minister Chhagan Bhujbal, Mayor of Mumbai Shraddha Jadhav, Municipal Commissioner Subodh Kumar, former mayors - Manmohan Singh Bedi and Mahadeo Deole - were present on the occasion.
The Governor also felicitated sculptor of the Shivaji Maharaj Statue Sadashiv (Bhau) Sathe.
This is the 50th year of the installation of the 18-feet high equestrian statue of Shivaji Maharaj at Gateway of India. It was sculpted by the 85-year-old Sathe in 1961.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie