Maharashtra Guv pays floral tributes to Chhatrapati Shivaji
Mumbai: Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan on Saturday offered floral tribute to the statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj at Shivaji Park here, on the occasion of his 381st birth anniversary, celebrated as `Shiv Jayanti`.
Public Works and Tourism Minister Chhagan Bhujbal, Mayor of Mumbai Shraddha Jadhav, Municipal Commissioner Subodh Kumar, former mayors - Manmohan Singh Bedi and Mahadeo Deole - were present on the occasion.
The Governor also felicitated sculptor of the Shivaji Maharaj Statue Sadashiv (Bhau) Sathe.
This is the 50th year of the installation of the 18-feet high equestrian statue of Shivaji Maharaj at Gateway of India. It was sculpted by the 85-year-old Sathe in 1961.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Katrina Kaif in her little 'Twilight' zone with Robert Pattinson! Pic inside
- Chinese demolitions at Buddhist institute draw fire
- Narsingh Yadav missing Rio Olympics will mean India losing a medal: WFI President
- 7th Pay Commission Notification: Know all about revised pay rules
- Life terms for 9 Filipinos over 2013 Malaysia incursion