Maharashtra Home Department proposes rape accused Sunil Paraskar`s suspension
Zee Media Bureau Mumbai: In what could spell trouble for DIG Sunil Paraskar accused of raping a model, the Maharashtra Home Department has proposed his suspension. According to reports, the proposal to suspend the deputy inspector general (DIG-protection of civil rights units) has been sent to Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan. A court here had recently granted him pre-arrest bail, observing the complainant`s behaviour and her e-mail exchange with him suggested consent. Paraskar filed pre-arrest bail application on July 25, a week after an FIR was registered against him by suburban Malwani Police under Sections 376(2)(rape by a police officer), 376 C (intercourse by superintendent of jail, remand home, etc) and 354(D) (stalking) of the Indian Penal Code. The complainant, a 25-year-old model, alleged that Paraskar (57) molested and sexually assaulted her on two occasions in December 2013. According to her, she had met Paraskar first in 2012 when he was Additional Commissioner of Police with regard to a case. In her complaint, the woman said he raped her several times when she visited him with regard to some work, and submitted evidence of the sexual assault on her at a hotel in the suburbs. Paraskar`s lawyer argued that the allegations were false and pointed to the delay in registration of FIR. (With Agency inputs) Pic courtesy: DNA
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Two 'young' craters discovered on Moon
- Twitter to soon roll out automatic 'Night Mode' UI
- WATCH: 'MGNREGA is live monument of your failures' - When PM Narendra Modi blasted Congress
- IPL 2016: Virat Kohli surprises Royal Challengers Bangalore youngsters with wonderful gifts!
- Honda launches refreshing new 2016 Activa-i at Rs 50,255