Maharashtra Home Minister personally supervising gang-rape case probe
Mumbai: Under fire from the opposition in the wake of gang-rape of a 23-year-old photojournalist here, Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil is personally supervising the probe into the case round the clock.
Patil visited the NM Joshi Marg police station in the wee hours today to review the progress made in the investigations of this case, a police official said today.
Patil`s visit to the police station at 2.30 AM raised eyebrows and officials were surprised to receive him.
The home minister not only interacted with the police officials at the station to get a first hand impression of the probe, but also spoke to the two accused who had been arrested in the case.
Patil asked the duo their names and where they resided. He also questioned them about their role in the incident.
According to the official, Patil appreciated the efforts of the police in arresting the two accused and stressed the need to quickly arrest the remaining culprits.
The Home Minister has given full freedom to the police in probing the case and told them that the government needs quick results, the official said.
The photojournalist, who worked as an intern with an English magazine, was gang-raped by five men on Thursday evening when she had gone to the deserted Shakti Mills compound in Lower Parel with a male colleague on assignment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday