Maharashtra House: CM optimistic of smooth run
Nagpur: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Saturday expressed hope that Legislative business in both the Houses of the State Assembly would run smoothly from Monday, and issues pertaining to the suicide-hit Vidarbha region would get due attention and justice.
"I think after five days of stalled Assembly proceedings during the ongoing Winter Session, peace will return and House business will be taken up as scheduled from Monday," Chavan said here.
"Issues concerning Vidarbha are on top most priority and as part of the government`s efforts, I have convened a series of meetings to resolve some pending issues and take further steps for the development of the region, where the Winter Session is held every year," he told senior editors over a breakfast meeting.
He said the prestigious multi-modal international cargo and passenger hub (MIHAN) was picking up very fast and the Maintenance Repair Overhaul (MRO) of aircraft major Boeing would be ready by March 2013 which a good sign.
The Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC) has laid a runway for the Boeing MRO as required by them and thus it will be the first such project to be ready within the stipulated time period.
He said the work on second runway at the International Airport here would be taking shape shortly and necessary land acquisition has begun.
Chavan said this major activity will pave way for economic boost.
The Infosys and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) would be generating employment for the youth.
The new Textile policy of the state government would also benefit people of Vidarbha. An investment to the tune of Rs 40,000 crores and employment potential for one lakh youth in this sector was expected, he said.
I have done a road show on textile policies in Ahmedabad and another would also be organised soon, Chavan added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India