Maharashtra House: CM optimistic of smooth run
Nagpur: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Saturday expressed hope that Legislative business in both the Houses of the State Assembly would run smoothly from Monday, and issues pertaining to the suicide-hit Vidarbha region would get due attention and justice.
"I think after five days of stalled Assembly proceedings during the ongoing Winter Session, peace will return and House business will be taken up as scheduled from Monday," Chavan said here.
"Issues concerning Vidarbha are on top most priority and as part of the government`s efforts, I have convened a series of meetings to resolve some pending issues and take further steps for the development of the region, where the Winter Session is held every year," he told senior editors over a breakfast meeting.
He said the prestigious multi-modal international cargo and passenger hub (MIHAN) was picking up very fast and the Maintenance Repair Overhaul (MRO) of aircraft major Boeing would be ready by March 2013 which a good sign.
The Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC) has laid a runway for the Boeing MRO as required by them and thus it will be the first such project to be ready within the stipulated time period.
He said the work on second runway at the International Airport here would be taking shape shortly and necessary land acquisition has begun.
Chavan said this major activity will pave way for economic boost.
The Infosys and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) would be generating employment for the youth.
The new Textile policy of the state government would also benefit people of Vidarbha. An investment to the tune of Rs 40,000 crores and employment potential for one lakh youth in this sector was expected, he said.
I have done a road show on textile policies in Ahmedabad and another would also be organised soon, Chavan added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film