Maharashtra irrigation scam: Arvind Kejriwal to release black paper
Mumbai: In response to the White Paper on irrigation over the past decade prepared by Maharashtra`s Water Resources Department (WRD), anti-corruption activist turned politician Arvind Kejriwal will release an exhaustive "Black Paper" on Sunday.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) national convenor will release the Black Paper in Roha, Raigad district, the stronghold of Maharashtra Irrigation Minister Sunil Tatkare.
"The black paper has been prepared after studying and analysing data from various sources such as WRD, Central Water Commission, Directorate of Economics & Statistics, Government of Maharashtra and National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development," a party release had said on Thursday.
"The findings show that the Maharashtra water resource department`s tall claims about the area brought under irrigation are manipulative and entirely contradictory," added the release.
"This black paper exposes the farcical exercise of the Maharashtra water resource department`s white paper and proves how bogus an attempt of face-saving it is, largely on account of coalition political compulsions," it said.
The black paper illustrates what a genuine white paper on irrigation over the past decade should have ideally been like and the issues that really ought to have been addressed, it said.
It illustrates that the figures relating to the area brought under irrigation, as claimed in the white paper, is a blatant attempt to mislead everyone since the fact that this increase in area brought under irrigation is a result of irrigation due to wells, bore wells, drip irrigation, lift irrigation and not just due to dams and canals for which the WRD has made huge expenditure, the release said.
The most important aspect of the black paper is its exposing the modus operandi of how the irrigation scam was perpetuated by the politician-bureaucrat-contractor nexus, it said.
A white paper on irrigation, which claimed 28 percent increase in irrigation potential in Maharashtra in the last 10 years, was presented at the state Cabinet meeting on Thursday night.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset