`Maharashtra is no one`s personal property`: Priya Dutt
Begusarai: In an oblique reference
to the MNS, AICC general secretary and MP Priya Dutt today
said Maharashtra was "no one`s personal property" and people
from any state had the constitutional right "to stay, work and
At a meeting after launching the Youth Congress
membership drive for Begusarai and Khagari Lok Sabha
constituencies in Bihar, Dutt, said "Maharashtra is no one`s
personal property and people have the constitutional right to
Dutt, however, did not name the Maharashtra Navanirman
Sena or its supremo Raj Thackeray whose oft repeated
"anti-Bihari" remarks are well known.
Brushing aside Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s allegation
that whenever the Congress came to power, prices of essential
commodities escalated, she linked the price rise to subsidy
granted to farmers saying "enhanced subsidy to farmers has
been responsible for the price rise."
Referring to the drive launched at the initiative of
Rahul Gandhi, Dutt said the AICC general secretary wanted
"democracy in the party by enrolling youths for further
strengthening the organisation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje