`Maharashtra is no one`s personal property`: Priya Dutt
Begusarai: In an oblique reference
to the MNS, AICC general secretary and MP Priya Dutt today
said Maharashtra was "no one`s personal property" and people
from any state had the constitutional right "to stay, work and
At a meeting after launching the Youth Congress
membership drive for Begusarai and Khagari Lok Sabha
constituencies in Bihar, Dutt, said "Maharashtra is no one`s
personal property and people have the constitutional right to
Dutt, however, did not name the Maharashtra Navanirman
Sena or its supremo Raj Thackeray whose oft repeated
"anti-Bihari" remarks are well known.
Brushing aside Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s allegation
that whenever the Congress came to power, prices of essential
commodities escalated, she linked the price rise to subsidy
granted to farmers saying "enhanced subsidy to farmers has
been responsible for the price rise."
Referring to the drive launched at the initiative of
Rahul Gandhi, Dutt said the AICC general secretary wanted
"democracy in the party by enrolling youths for further
strengthening the organisation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know