`Maharashtra is no one`s personal property`: Priya Dutt
Begusarai: In an oblique reference
to the MNS, AICC general secretary and MP Priya Dutt today
said Maharashtra was "no one`s personal property" and people
from any state had the constitutional right "to stay, work and
At a meeting after launching the Youth Congress
membership drive for Begusarai and Khagari Lok Sabha
constituencies in Bihar, Dutt, said "Maharashtra is no one`s
personal property and people have the constitutional right to
Dutt, however, did not name the Maharashtra Navanirman
Sena or its supremo Raj Thackeray whose oft repeated
"anti-Bihari" remarks are well known.
Brushing aside Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s allegation
that whenever the Congress came to power, prices of essential
commodities escalated, she linked the price rise to subsidy
granted to farmers saying "enhanced subsidy to farmers has
been responsible for the price rise."
Referring to the drive launched at the initiative of
Rahul Gandhi, Dutt said the AICC general secretary wanted
"democracy in the party by enrolling youths for further
strengthening the organisation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video