Maharashtra: Man ends life after raping two girls
Nagpur: A man committed suicide by jumping into a lake here after allegedly raping two girls including a mentally unstable one, police said on Monday.
Vinayak Pandurang Thakre (52) ,working as a security guard and a resident of Wanadongri area in western part of city, criminally assaulted a 15-year-old and later a 18-year-old mentally unstable girl at his house, the next day.
After the incident came to light recently, his wife strongly protested and the police registered offences against him.
Fearing arrest, Thakre jumped to death yesterday in the Futala lake. His body was fished out and handed over to family, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion