Maharashtra: Many govt officers found not in office
Jalna: In order to take action against those public servants and babus, who remain away from their workplaces during their duty hours, surprise visits were conducted at government offices here on Saturday.
During the inspection checks, it was found that out of the 355 employees, 217 remained absent were not in their offices.
District Collector Tukaram Mundhe had directed to form three flying squads, headed by sub-divisional officer Sanjay Gaikwad, tehsildar Devindra Katke and a naib-tehsildar. The squads were asked to conduct surprise checks at different public offices in the town.
These squads visited 20 government offices and found that 217 employees were not found in the office and had not informed their heads before stepping out of the office.
Speaking to reporters, Gaikwad said the drive was conducted only for half an hour "A report will be submitted to the District Collector and heads of respective of departments so that action can be taken against those employees," he added.
The government offices, where these surprise checks were conducted, include Public Works Department (PWD), Sales Tax office, Land Records office, Irrigation Department, Social Welfare office, District Statistical Department, RTO, Food and
Drugs Administration, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!