Maharashtra: Many govt officers found not in office
Jalna: In order to take action against those public servants and babus, who remain away from their workplaces during their duty hours, surprise visits were conducted at government offices here on Saturday.
During the inspection checks, it was found that out of the 355 employees, 217 remained absent were not in their offices.
District Collector Tukaram Mundhe had directed to form three flying squads, headed by sub-divisional officer Sanjay Gaikwad, tehsildar Devindra Katke and a naib-tehsildar. The squads were asked to conduct surprise checks at different public offices in the town.
These squads visited 20 government offices and found that 217 employees were not found in the office and had not informed their heads before stepping out of the office.
Speaking to reporters, Gaikwad said the drive was conducted only for half an hour "A report will be submitted to the District Collector and heads of respective of departments so that action can be taken against those employees," he added.
The government offices, where these surprise checks were conducted, include Public Works Department (PWD), Sales Tax office, Land Records office, Irrigation Department, Social Welfare office, District Statistical Department, RTO, Food and
Drugs Administration, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling