Maharashtra: Many govt officers found not in office
Jalna: In order to take action against those public servants and babus, who remain away from their workplaces during their duty hours, surprise visits were conducted at government offices here on Saturday.
During the inspection checks, it was found that out of the 355 employees, 217 remained absent were not in their offices.
District Collector Tukaram Mundhe had directed to form three flying squads, headed by sub-divisional officer Sanjay Gaikwad, tehsildar Devindra Katke and a naib-tehsildar. The squads were asked to conduct surprise checks at different public offices in the town.
These squads visited 20 government offices and found that 217 employees were not found in the office and had not informed their heads before stepping out of the office.
Speaking to reporters, Gaikwad said the drive was conducted only for half an hour "A report will be submitted to the District Collector and heads of respective of departments so that action can be taken against those employees," he added.
The government offices, where these surprise checks were conducted, include Public Works Department (PWD), Sales Tax office, Land Records office, Irrigation Department, Social Welfare office, District Statistical Department, RTO, Food and
Drugs Administration, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rape was there since earth's creation: Haryana BJP women's cell chief
- Ugly spat in Parliament - Renuka Chowdhury calls Harsimrat Kaur 'Kachra': Know what happened
- Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for rail passengers in less than Rs 2
- India may approach Britain on bringing back Kohinoor
- HILARIOUS! Harbhajan Singh posts EDITED picture of Indian cricketers – Pic inside!