Maharashtra Minister justifies govt protection to Ambani
Mumbai: Maharashtra Government on Monday justified the Centre`s move to provide `Z` category security to industrialist Mukesh Ambani, saying it was necessary to create conducive atmosphere for attracting investments in the State.
It is important to protect businessmen in the state. Considering the seriousness of threat to the RIL Chairman, the Central Government felt it necessary to provide him security, Rural Development Minister Jayant Patil told reporters here.
Patil is also the Guardian Minister of Mumbai City district, where the business tycoon resides.
"He (Ambani) will be paying the cost incurred on his security. Providing a security cover to Ambani does not mean the Government will deny protection to others," Patil said.
"We want industrialists to remain in Maharashtra. We want to create proper environment for investment," he added.
The Union Home Ministry recently approved an armed commando squad, consisting of CRPF personnel, to provide round -the-clock protection to one of the richest man in the world following threat perception to him.
Under the `Z` category security, Ambani will have pilot and follow-on vehicles with commandos armed with high- tech weapons and they will give him proximate security every time he moves in Mumbai or any other part of country.
In February, Ambani`s office had informed the Police about threat letters being issued to the RIL chief purportedly on behalf of the home-grown terror group Indian Mujahideen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation