Maharashtra Minister justifies govt protection to Ambani
Mumbai: Maharashtra Government on Monday justified the Centre`s move to provide `Z` category security to industrialist Mukesh Ambani, saying it was necessary to create conducive atmosphere for attracting investments in the State.
It is important to protect businessmen in the state. Considering the seriousness of threat to the RIL Chairman, the Central Government felt it necessary to provide him security, Rural Development Minister Jayant Patil told reporters here.
Patil is also the Guardian Minister of Mumbai City district, where the business tycoon resides.
"He (Ambani) will be paying the cost incurred on his security. Providing a security cover to Ambani does not mean the Government will deny protection to others," Patil said.
"We want industrialists to remain in Maharashtra. We want to create proper environment for investment," he added.
The Union Home Ministry recently approved an armed commando squad, consisting of CRPF personnel, to provide round -the-clock protection to one of the richest man in the world following threat perception to him.
Under the `Z` category security, Ambani will have pilot and follow-on vehicles with commandos armed with high- tech weapons and they will give him proximate security every time he moves in Mumbai or any other part of country.
In February, Ambani`s office had informed the Police about threat letters being issued to the RIL chief purportedly on behalf of the home-grown terror group Indian Mujahideen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested