Maharashtra Naxal attack toll rises to 5
Nagpur: The death toll in Friday’s Naxal attack in Maharashtra`s Gadchiroli district has gone up
to five with an injured tribal boy succumbing in a private
nursing home here early today, police said.
Mukesh Potavi (6) was among the 10 students of ‘Ashram
Shala’ (tribal school) at Sawargaon village in Dhanora taluka
who suffered injuries when the Maoists hurled explosives near
the institute. Four persons - two students, a female cook and
a villager - were killed yesterday, they said.
Among the injured students, four, including Potavi,
were shifted to General Hospital in Gadchiroli. He was later
taken to Nagpur, where he breathed his last, police added.
Meanwhile, Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil arrived
here this morning and later left for Gadchiroli, the worst
Naxal affected district in Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown