Maharashtra Naxal attack toll rises to 5
Nagpur: The death toll in Friday’s Naxal attack in Maharashtra`s Gadchiroli district has gone up
to five with an injured tribal boy succumbing in a private
nursing home here early today, police said.
Mukesh Potavi (6) was among the 10 students of ‘Ashram
Shala’ (tribal school) at Sawargaon village in Dhanora taluka
who suffered injuries when the Maoists hurled explosives near
the institute. Four persons - two students, a female cook and
a villager - were killed yesterday, they said.
Among the injured students, four, including Potavi,
were shifted to General Hospital in Gadchiroli. He was later
taken to Nagpur, where he breathed his last, police added.
Meanwhile, Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil arrived
here this morning and later left for Gadchiroli, the worst
Naxal affected district in Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani