Maharashtra NCC cadets bag PM`s Banner
Mumbai: In a hat-trick, the National Cadet Corps (NCC) contingent from Maharashtra, which participated in the Republic Day camp in New Delhi, bagged the coveted Prime Minister`s Banner, the third year in a row, an official here said.
The PM`s Banner was presented to the NCC contingent in the capital Monday.
This is the 16th time that Maharashtra has won it. The state has won the honour continuously since 2011, the official said.
A major welcome is being organised for the NCC contingent when it returns to Mumbai here Feb 1, at the Bandra Terminus.
The following day, the cadets would call on Maharashtra Governor K. Sankaranarayanan for tea in Raj Bhavan and Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan will host a dinner in their honour Saturday.
The honour is particularly noteworthy since over 2,000 cadets from 17 NCC directorates in the country compete for it in the Republic Day camp.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!