Maharashtra NCC cadets bag PM`s Banner
Mumbai: In a hat-trick, the National Cadet Corps (NCC) contingent from Maharashtra, which participated in the Republic Day camp in New Delhi, bagged the coveted Prime Minister`s Banner, the third year in a row, an official here said.
The PM`s Banner was presented to the NCC contingent in the capital Monday.
This is the 16th time that Maharashtra has won it. The state has won the honour continuously since 2011, the official said.
A major welcome is being organised for the NCC contingent when it returns to Mumbai here Feb 1, at the Bandra Terminus.
The following day, the cadets would call on Maharashtra Governor K. Sankaranarayanan for tea in Raj Bhavan and Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan will host a dinner in their honour Saturday.
The honour is particularly noteworthy since over 2,000 cadets from 17 NCC directorates in the country compete for it in the Republic Day camp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Adani Food's pulses processing unit proposal in SEZ rejected
- Wow! UP govt to set up theme park on K Asif's magnum opus ‘Mughal-e-Azam’ in Etawah
- India 'A' leads table with 11 points despite match with South Africa 'A' being abandoned due to rain
- Sakshi Malik's felicitation ceremony: Fans disappointed, as Netas hog limelight, wrestler doesn't get to speak
- All Audi India models to get petrol engines by Q1 2017