Maharashtra NCC cadets bag PM`s Banner
Mumbai: In a hat-trick, the National Cadet Corps (NCC) contingent from Maharashtra, which participated in the Republic Day camp in New Delhi, bagged the coveted Prime Minister`s Banner, the third year in a row, an official here said.
The PM`s Banner was presented to the NCC contingent in the capital Monday.
This is the 16th time that Maharashtra has won it. The state has won the honour continuously since 2011, the official said.
A major welcome is being organised for the NCC contingent when it returns to Mumbai here Feb 1, at the Bandra Terminus.
The following day, the cadets would call on Maharashtra Governor K. Sankaranarayanan for tea in Raj Bhavan and Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan will host a dinner in their honour Saturday.
The honour is particularly noteworthy since over 2,000 cadets from 17 NCC directorates in the country compete for it in the Republic Day camp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!