Maharashtra NCP minister`s brother held in rape case
Satara: Brother of a Maharashtra NCP Minister was on Monday arrested for allegedly raping a 33-year-old woman here, city police said.
Rushikant Shinde, brother of NCP leader and Satara District Guardian Minister Shashikant Shinde, was arrested, police said.
According to police, the incident took place in a building near Vadhe on the outskirts of Satara city, where the victim resides.
"The woman lives alone and taking advantage of that Rushikant entered her house and raped her. The woman lodged a complaint with the police late Sunday night," they said.
Rushikant was produced before a local court, which remanded him in police custody till February 21.
Further investigation into the case is on.
Meanwhile, when asked about the incident, Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil told reporters in Mumbai on Monday, "We are probing the matter impartially. Had there been pressure on police, the case would not have been filed."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list