Maharashtra NCP minister`s brother held in rape case
Satara: Brother of a Maharashtra NCP Minister was on Monday arrested for allegedly raping a 33-year-old woman here, city police said.
Rushikant Shinde, brother of NCP leader and Satara District Guardian Minister Shashikant Shinde, was arrested, police said.
According to police, the incident took place in a building near Vadhe on the outskirts of Satara city, where the victim resides.
"The woman lives alone and taking advantage of that Rushikant entered her house and raped her. The woman lodged a complaint with the police late Sunday night," they said.
Rushikant was produced before a local court, which remanded him in police custody till February 21.
Further investigation into the case is on.
Meanwhile, when asked about the incident, Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil told reporters in Mumbai on Monday, "We are probing the matter impartially. Had there been pressure on police, the case would not have been filed."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?