Maharashtra NCP minister`s brother held in rape case
Satara: Brother of a Maharashtra NCP Minister was on Monday arrested for allegedly raping a 33-year-old woman here, city police said.
Rushikant Shinde, brother of NCP leader and Satara District Guardian Minister Shashikant Shinde, was arrested, police said.
According to police, the incident took place in a building near Vadhe on the outskirts of Satara city, where the victim resides.
"The woman lives alone and taking advantage of that Rushikant entered her house and raped her. The woman lodged a complaint with the police late Sunday night," they said.
Rushikant was produced before a local court, which remanded him in police custody till February 21.
Further investigation into the case is on.
Meanwhile, when asked about the incident, Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil told reporters in Mumbai on Monday, "We are probing the matter impartially. Had there been pressure on police, the case would not have been filed."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!