Maharashtra NCP minister`s brother held in rape case
Satara: Brother of a Maharashtra NCP Minister was today arrested for allegedly raping a 33-year-old woman here, city police said.
Rushikant Shinde, brother of NCP leader and Satara District Guardian Minister Shashikant Shinde, was arrested, police said.
According to police, the incident took place in a building near Vadhe on the outskirts of Satara city, where the victim resides.
"The woman lives alone and taking advantage of that Rushikant entered her house and raped her. The woman lodged a complaint with the police late Sunday night," they said.
Rushikant was produced before a local court, which remanded him in police custody till February 21.
Further investigation into the case is on.
Meanwhile, when asked about the incident, Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil told reporters in Mumbai today, "We are probing the matter impartially. Had there been pressure on police, the case would not have been filed."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends