Maharashtra NCP ministers` meet on Sep 21
Mumbai: Union Agriculture Minister and NCP chief Sharad Pawar has convened a meeting of party ministers in the Maharashtra government here on September 21.
The meeting assumes significance in the backdrop of the Centre`s decisions regarding fuel hike, restriction on supply of LPG cylinders and FDI in retail which has attracted Opposition from BJP-led NDA and some UPA allies.
NCP workers in Mumbai and neighbouring Thane have already protested hike in price of fuel and cap on subsidised LPG. Party spokesman Nawab Malik had demanded that the Centre should re-think on its decision but said that it did not mean opposition to the move.
Meanwhile, party sources said the meeting is a routine affair which Pawar holds to take stock of the ministers` performance in the state government.
Allegations of corruption against party ministers like Sunil Tatkare, Chhagan Bhujbal and Gulabrao Devkar are also likely to come up during the discussions.
The party leadership has already thrown its weight behind these ministers saying that the opposition was deliberately targeting its colleagues.
Also, drought, insufficient monsoon and the government`s handling of the situation, Congress-NCP ties will figure in the discussions.
Since the cracks in the recent NCP-Congress ties surfaced, the two allies have held co-ordination committee meeting twice and have agreed to meet every month.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan has said that the reshuffle in the state cabinet will take place before the winter session. NCP has already said that it will effect a reshuffle in its ranks after Congress takes the first call.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat
- Reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian slams Donald Trump
- New music by Beatles legend George Harrison to be released
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet