Maharashtra NCP ministers` meet on Sep 21
Mumbai: Union Agriculture Minister and NCP chief Sharad Pawar has convened a meeting of party ministers in the Maharashtra government here on September 21.
The meeting assumes significance in the backdrop of the Centre`s decisions regarding fuel hike, restriction on supply of LPG cylinders and FDI in retail which has attracted Opposition from BJP-led NDA and some UPA allies.
NCP workers in Mumbai and neighbouring Thane have already protested hike in price of fuel and cap on subsidised LPG. Party spokesman Nawab Malik had demanded that the Centre should re-think on its decision but said that it did not mean opposition to the move.
Meanwhile, party sources said the meeting is a routine affair which Pawar holds to take stock of the ministers` performance in the state government.
Allegations of corruption against party ministers like Sunil Tatkare, Chhagan Bhujbal and Gulabrao Devkar are also likely to come up during the discussions.
The party leadership has already thrown its weight behind these ministers saying that the opposition was deliberately targeting its colleagues.
Also, drought, insufficient monsoon and the government`s handling of the situation, Congress-NCP ties will figure in the discussions.
Since the cracks in the recent NCP-Congress ties surfaced, the two allies have held co-ordination committee meeting twice and have agreed to meet every month.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan has said that the reshuffle in the state cabinet will take place before the winter session. NCP has already said that it will effect a reshuffle in its ranks after Congress takes the first call.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof