Maharashtra: One more body found in Thane district
Thane: After recovering two bodies on
Saturday, police on Sunday reported finding yet another body in
Thane district, this time, of a 30-year-old man. With this,
the number of bodies detected in the last two days to three,
The body was found last night from the bushes behind the
Dandekar College by the Palghar police.
Earlier, police had found two bodies at different
locations in the district.
On Saturday, body of a 9-year old girl was found in a
decomposed state at Yeoor jungles here. The victim was later
identified as Samruthi Yadav and police arrested her neighbour
Dashrath Yadav (27) today on charge of rape and murder, they
Then, a body of an unidentified young man was found by
police in the bushes behind a hotel in Daighar in Thane
district on Saturday. Police have registered a case of
accidental death. They said that a local resident had gone in
search of herbs in the jungle and informed the police when he
spotted the body, which was sent for postmortem later.
According to preliminary reports, the body was of one
Mohamad Altaaf a local resident, police said.
Incidentally, the district had witnessed two cases of
mysterious deaths last week as well. Body of a young girl was
found in a local train in the Kalyan yard, while body of a man
was found hanging in a local train last week.
Thane police are yet to get a clue in the local train
murder and are trying to solve the two recent mysteries at
Daighar and Palghar, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list