Maharashtra Opposition boycotts CM`s tea party over Ajit Pawar`s comeback
Nagpur: Opposing re-induction of senior NCP leader Ajit Pawar as deputy Chief Minister, entire Opposition on Sunday stayed away from attending the customary tea party hosted by Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on the eve of the beginning of winter session of the state legislature.
"There`s no point in having tea with tainted deputy chief minister Ajit Pawar who is facing serious allegations of corruption and who has been re-inducted into the Cabinet," Leaders of Opposition in state Assembly and Council Eknath Khadse and Vinod Tawde, respectively, told reporters after a joint meeting of opposition parties.
The meeting was attended by Shiv Sena leaders Subhash Desai, Ashish Jaiswal and Diwakar Raote, MNS leader Bala Nandgaonkar, PWP leader Meenakshi Patil, BJP leaders Sudhir Mungattiwar, Girish Bapat and Devendra Phadanvis among others.
Senior NCP leader Ajit Pawar, against whom the allegations of corruptions were levelled in connection with approving the irrigation projects with cost overruns, had stepped down as deputy chief minister in September only to make a comeback recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?