Maharashtra Opposition boycotts CM`s tea party over Ajit Pawar`s comeback
Nagpur: Opposing re-induction of senior NCP leader Ajit Pawar as deputy Chief Minister, entire Opposition on Sunday stayed away from attending the customary tea party hosted by Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on the eve of the beginning of winter session of the state legislature.
"There`s no point in having tea with tainted deputy chief minister Ajit Pawar who is facing serious allegations of corruption and who has been re-inducted into the Cabinet," Leaders of Opposition in state Assembly and Council Eknath Khadse and Vinod Tawde, respectively, told reporters after a joint meeting of opposition parties.
The meeting was attended by Shiv Sena leaders Subhash Desai, Ashish Jaiswal and Diwakar Raote, MNS leader Bala Nandgaonkar, PWP leader Meenakshi Patil, BJP leaders Sudhir Mungattiwar, Girish Bapat and Devendra Phadanvis among others.
Senior NCP leader Ajit Pawar, against whom the allegations of corruptions were levelled in connection with approving the irrigation projects with cost overruns, had stepped down as deputy chief minister in September only to make a comeback recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video