Maharashtra provides VIP security to fewer people: Patil
Mumbai: Admitting that police security of the VIPs should be reduced, Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil on Friday said the state government provided security to fewer VIPs, compared to other states.
"The number of persons who get VIP security is low," he claimed.
A committee headed by the Chief Secretary reviews the security of the VIPs routinely, he added.
The Supreme Court had yesterday remarked that police personnel engaged in VIP security can be used for better purposes like making the roads safe for women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie