Maharashtra raised publicity budget due to fear of PM Modi: BJP
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government has doubled its publicity budget due to the fear of Narendra Modi, BJP leader Ashish Shelar claimed here on Friday.
The BJP MLC, who is president of the Mumbai unit of the party, was speaking during a discussion on supplementary demands in the legislative council.
"The Maharashtra government has made a budgetary provision of Rs 93 crore for publicity for the assembly polls since it fears Narendra Modi," Shelar said, adding that this provision is more than double that of last year.
The Maharashtra government has violated provisions of the budget manual and it should explain this, he said.
Shelar claimed that though the Maharashtra government spent crores of rupees to purchase bullets for a specific gun, the bullets were lying unused in the godown and the guns were unavailable.
Speaking on supplementary demands of the education department, Shelar claimed that the Maharashtra government has not provided grants to Christian educational institutions for the last 11 years.
On the ongoing renovation of the Mantralaya building where a fire broke out two years ago, the BJP member pointed out that two plots were not amalgamated.
"I fear that the renovation will be declared illegal like the Adarsh housing society," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!