Maharashtra: Rajeev Shukla files nomination for RS
Mumbai: Congress leader and Minister of
State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajeev Shukla on Monday filed his
nomination for the biennial Rajya Sabha election from
Apart from Shukla, Nagpur-based industrialist Ajay Kumar
Sancheti filed his nomination as a BJP candidate, while NCP
fielded party general secretary D P Tripathi, Pune NCP chief
Vandana Chavan and MLC Prakash Binsale.
Today was the last date of filing of nominations. The
last date of withdrawal of papers is March 22.
Last week, Union Science and Technology Minister Vilasrao
Deshmukh, Shiv Sena`s Anil Desai and independent candidate
Sanjay Kakade filed their papers.
There are six vacancies from the state in the Rajya Sabha
as the sitting members term expires on April 2. The elections
are scheduled to be held on March 30.
Fourty-six-year-old Sancheti, with his dependent wife and
minor children, has declared assets worth Rs 76.89 crore.
His liabilities include government dues Rs 75,761. Loan
from banks, financial institutions are Rs 28,58,250. While the
loan liabilities in the name of his children are Rs 5,65,311
and Rs 5,01738.
Shukla`s assets stood at Rs 24.71 crore while Vandana
Chavan has declared assets worth Rs 2.9 crore and Tripathi has
it at Rs 24.72 lakh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living