Maharashtra revokes suspension of nine MLAs
Mumbai: The boycott of Maharashtra
Legislature proceedings by Opposition parties ended on Tuesday with
the Lower House revoking the suspension of nine Shiv Sena-BJP
Nine MLAs were suspended for disrupting the budget
presentation by Deputy Chief Minister and Finance Minister
Ajit Pawar last week.
The Sena-BJP along with MNS had boycotted the Legislature
proceedings to oppose the government`s decision. The
Opposition in the Legislative Council had also decided to
boycott the proceedings.
In the Lower House, the motion to revoke the suspension
was moved by Parliamentary Affairs Minister Harshwardhan
"The nine legislators have expressed regrets at their
conduct and assured good behaviour in future," Patil said
urging the Lower House to revoke the suspension.
The motion was passed by a voice vote.
The nine members who were suspended comprise Vinod
Ghosalkar, Vijay Shivtare, Eknath Shinde, Pratap Sarnaik ,
Ravindra Vaikar (from Sena) and Vijay Deshmukh, Girish
Mahajan, Sardar Tara Singh and Harish Pimpale (from BJP).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her