Maharashtra revokes suspension of nine MLAs
Mumbai: The boycott of Maharashtra
Legislature proceedings by Opposition parties ended on Tuesday with
the Lower House revoking the suspension of nine Shiv Sena-BJP
Nine MLAs were suspended for disrupting the budget
presentation by Deputy Chief Minister and Finance Minister
Ajit Pawar last week.
The Sena-BJP along with MNS had boycotted the Legislature
proceedings to oppose the government`s decision. The
Opposition in the Legislative Council had also decided to
boycott the proceedings.
In the Lower House, the motion to revoke the suspension
was moved by Parliamentary Affairs Minister Harshwardhan
"The nine legislators have expressed regrets at their
conduct and assured good behaviour in future," Patil said
urging the Lower House to revoke the suspension.
The motion was passed by a voice vote.
The nine members who were suspended comprise Vinod
Ghosalkar, Vijay Shivtare, Eknath Shinde, Pratap Sarnaik ,
Ravindra Vaikar (from Sena) and Vijay Deshmukh, Girish
Mahajan, Sardar Tara Singh and Harish Pimpale (from BJP).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read