Maharashtra revokes suspension of nine MLAs
Mumbai: The boycott of Maharashtra
Legislature proceedings by Opposition parties ended on Tuesday with
the Lower House revoking the suspension of nine Shiv Sena-BJP
Nine MLAs were suspended for disrupting the budget
presentation by Deputy Chief Minister and Finance Minister
Ajit Pawar last week.
The Sena-BJP along with MNS had boycotted the Legislature
proceedings to oppose the government`s decision. The
Opposition in the Legislative Council had also decided to
boycott the proceedings.
In the Lower House, the motion to revoke the suspension
was moved by Parliamentary Affairs Minister Harshwardhan
"The nine legislators have expressed regrets at their
conduct and assured good behaviour in future," Patil said
urging the Lower House to revoke the suspension.
The motion was passed by a voice vote.
The nine members who were suspended comprise Vinod
Ghosalkar, Vijay Shivtare, Eknath Shinde, Pratap Sarnaik ,
Ravindra Vaikar (from Sena) and Vijay Deshmukh, Girish
Mahajan, Sardar Tara Singh and Harish Pimpale (from BJP).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why