Maharashtra revokes suspension of nine MLAs
Mumbai: The boycott of Maharashtra
Legislature proceedings by Opposition parties ended on Tuesday with
the Lower House revoking the suspension of nine Shiv Sena-BJP
Nine MLAs were suspended for disrupting the budget
presentation by Deputy Chief Minister and Finance Minister
Ajit Pawar last week.
The Sena-BJP along with MNS had boycotted the Legislature
proceedings to oppose the government`s decision. The
Opposition in the Legislative Council had also decided to
boycott the proceedings.
In the Lower House, the motion to revoke the suspension
was moved by Parliamentary Affairs Minister Harshwardhan
"The nine legislators have expressed regrets at their
conduct and assured good behaviour in future," Patil said
urging the Lower House to revoke the suspension.
The motion was passed by a voice vote.
The nine members who were suspended comprise Vinod
Ghosalkar, Vijay Shivtare, Eknath Shinde, Pratap Sarnaik ,
Ravindra Vaikar (from Sena) and Vijay Deshmukh, Girish
Mahajan, Sardar Tara Singh and Harish Pimpale (from BJP).
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- PM Modi tests performance of BJP MPs on social media; Sushma Swaraj emerges star performer
- CAD to widen to $25 billion in FY17 on surge in gold imports, sluggish exports: Report
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday
- Scary! Truck carrying firecrackers catches fire at Yamuna Expressway – Watch
- Watch video: Top 10 incredible health benefits of pineapples!