Maharashtra seeks ban on three ‘fascist’ outfits
Mumbai: Maharashtra government has sent a proposal to the Centre demanding a ban on three "fascist" organisations in the state.
Addressing the office-bearers of the state unit of Congress here, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said the government must not give any latitude to terrorist organisations.
"We have sent a proposal to the Central government demanding a ban on three fascist organisations. I cannot name them here," Chavan added.
Chavan`s statement comes a day after noted anti-superstition activist Dr Narendra Dabholkar was shot dead by unknown assailants in Pune.
The Chief Minister compared Dabholkar`s killers with those who conspired to kill Mahatma Gandhi.
Taking potshots at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Chavan said, "Modi during his Independence day speech started criticising the Prime Minister on economic and foreign policies. However, soon he realised that he has no knowledge in these fields, so he stopped."
He also said that media was targeting the Congress leaders because they were in the government.
"Any baseless allegations by the opposition makes a breaking news. However, the good work done by us does not get acknowledged," he said.
The opposition was failing to come up with alternative solutions while criticising the government, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'