Maharashtra shocker: 9 foetuses found in drain
New Delhi: In yet another shocking case of female foeticide, nine foetuses have been found in a drain in Maharashtra`s Beed district.
As per a news channel, although an FIR has been lodged against unknown accused, the district administration is trying to down play the situation and has been claiming that only two foetuses have been found, not nine as being claimed by the media.
A postmortem was conducted on the two foetuses recovered by the police, who have said that that the foetuses are 4-5 months old.
A manhunt has been launched to nab the accused, including the doctors who are played a role in the crime.
Beed has always been a trouble spot when it came to sex ratio. The district has the lowest child sex ratio in Maharashtra with 801 girls per 1000 boys, while the state`s average stands at 883 girls per 1000 boys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing