Maharashtra shocker: 9 foetuses found in drain
New Delhi: In yet another shocking case of female foeticide, nine foetuses have been found in a drain in Maharashtra`s Beed district.
As per a news channel, although an FIR has been lodged against unknown accused, the district administration is trying to down play the situation and has been claiming that only two foetuses have been found, not nine as being claimed by the media.
A postmortem was conducted on the two foetuses recovered by the police, who have said that that the foetuses are 4-5 months old.
A manhunt has been launched to nab the accused, including the doctors who are played a role in the crime.
Beed has always been a trouble spot when it came to sex ratio. The district has the lowest child sex ratio in Maharashtra with 801 girls per 1000 boys, while the state`s average stands at 883 girls per 1000 boys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list