Maharashtra shocker: 9 foetuses found in drain
New Delhi: In yet another shocking case of female foeticide, nine foetuses have been found in a drain in Maharashtra`s Beed district.
As per a news channel, although an FIR has been lodged against unknown accused, the district administration is trying to down play the situation and has been claiming that only two foetuses have been found, not nine as being claimed by the media.
A postmortem was conducted on the two foetuses recovered by the police, who have said that that the foetuses are 4-5 months old.
A manhunt has been launched to nab the accused, including the doctors who are played a role in the crime.
Beed has always been a trouble spot when it came to sex ratio. The district has the lowest child sex ratio in Maharashtra with 801 girls per 1000 boys, while the state`s average stands at 883 girls per 1000 boys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed